Monday, January 3, 2011

Ashes 5.1: Usmaan Khwaja Disappoints



Best Blog Tips

The series; not the Ashes; is still alive. However the Sydney Test has a feel of a good movie gone bad due to a long drawn out, irrelevant and predictable climax.

The only song and dance is being provided by Usman Khwaja.

He disappointed.

I, like many, wanted him to succeed. May be score a century on debut. But he saw a spinner and had a Sehwag moment.

Until then he was assured in defense and leaving the ball and slightly Ganguly-like in his off side play.

I wanted him to succeed like I have wanted no other Australian batsman to

I wanted him to succeed like I have wanted no other Pakistani-born batsman to.

It must be something to do with the unprecedented combination.

When he plays India these best wishes will quickly dry up and every run he scores against India will hurt doubly.

When he plays against Pakistan in Pakistan.... I hope it happens early in his career.

No comments: